Mystery quilt progress – at last

October 4, 2020

It has been a long time since I added anything to my Monday Mystery Quilt. I got stuck in a rut with it and just couldn’t get motivated. However, I now have a pile of fabrics and a design for the next one and I want to start that. As I am not letting myself do that until I am on that step I need to finish the ones before, aka the first quilt. I have half the scrappy and curved borders done but they can’t go on until I add the folded and the modern borders. Yesterday I got the folded together. I used the parts I had already made, bulked them up to size with wonky borders (I have used those several times in this quilt) and made up the borders.


The colours, angles and spacing weren’t planned. These were the blocks I could find, so that set the colours. The wonky borders were left over strips I found and then I had to cut a 6.5″ square however it fitted. Finally the spacing was 4 pieces for each side cut pretty randomly plus one piece to make up the correct length. I am happy with the end result, and even happier it is done. It was a very educational border. I will not force myself to work on one of my projects when I am really not in the mood. I should have just played computer games and left it a couple of days. In the long run I would have had it done sooner. Isn’t hindsight a wonderful thing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>